Modeling Decimals and Percents
To model a decimal or a percent, use a hundredths grid (a grid divided into
To fill grid sections with a color:
- Check the upper left corner of the tool to be sure a color is selected.
- Click one section at a time.
- Click and drag to fill multiple sections.
For example, to model 0.47 (or 47%), fill 47 of the sections on a hundredths
Choosing a Color
To choose a fill color, click one of the colored squares at the upper left of
the tool. Available colors are blue, orange, and purple.
Clearing Filled Grid Sections
- To remove the color fill from one section, first click the white square
at upper left. Then click the section to remove the fill.
- To clear several sections at once, click and drag over the sections.
- To clear all the filled sections (on all four grids), click Clear All